Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Host Family Info!

I just received more information on my host family. It was a PDF that contained a few pictures of my family, more school information, and basically most all of the things I think they had to complete for being a host family. The school mentioned on there though is LICEO SCIENTIFICO CARLO CATTANEO MONSELICE. Although on my AFS account, it says my school is "Instituto Scolastico Cattaneo". So who knows! It's probably not a big deal, maybe it's like saying I will be attending St. Mary's County Public Schools and Leonardtown High School or like saying a Xaverian Brothers School but called St. Mary's Ryken. I was also quite relieved that neither of my host parents smokes. Apparently Nico and Enrico are into Rugby. I think it will be fun to watch their games but I am certainly not trying to play because that was the one sport other than football that my spine doctor said I could not play. The document also says that school is 800 meters from my house. Not exactly sure how far that is, but it says I can either ride a bike or walk to school so it must be really close! :)

Oh, and this is a picture of my host family.


The other thing that is exciting is that there are only 22 days until my adventure begins! :D
Orientation in NY on September 5th-6th
Fly to Switzerland and Rome on the 7th
Orientation in Rome September 7th-8th
Meet up with my host family on September 9th (not totally sure, but I think that's true)

My friend Anni is already packed :O I have not even started. We are still shopping around for some things that I don't already have. (Like well made shoes (that are cute...hard to find!), a black backpack, new jeans). I am thinking I will buy shampoo, toothpaste, etc. and school supplies when I get there.

A lot of other AFS Italy participants have received an email from their local AFS/Intercultura chapter in Italy. I have not. So I will be interested to see who my liaison is and who else is in my province. :)


Well that is all for now. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment