Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas in Italy

Well I am sorry I have not posted much these past few weeks, but I have been kind of busy, getting closer with my family and adding to it. So we have 2 weeks of winter break. Cool I know :) But that's because we also celebrate the Epiphany. Well, lets talk about Christmas and then I will explain more. So about Christmas here...its basically the same, with a few changes in the meal plan (well, my family back home is not very traditional when it comes to Christmas meal but anyway, i am digressing ;) Mr. P!) Let's start the story Christmas Eve. I went to Mass. The first time I have ever gone to church on Christmas Eve. It was beautiful. At the end of the mass we kissed eachother on both cheeks (a normal italian greeting) and wished eachother a Buon Natale. Afterwords, most people went out for hot chocolate but we went home because Nicola was asleep (after the first 10 minutes of the mass he was out haha)! Then Christmas morning began like any other.   The boys woke up at like 7:30, and we went down stairs to see the pile of gifts Babbo Natale brought us. Then we got dressed, and went to Nonna Carmen's to see what gifts Babbo Natale brought there.

Here are a few pics.



Troubble! and Toot and Puddle...in English!

Nicola got a hamster


Alessia got a beautiful purse

CUPS AND TEA/TABLESPOONS!!!!
Then it was time for lunch. Alessias family came over. That means Nonna Carmen, Nonno Loris, and Fabio. We had a type of salsage, chicken, mashed potatoes,and tonge...Then for dessert was my birthday cake! It had a lemony tasting cake, creamy frosting, and in the middle of the two layers of cake was chocolate ganash...mmmmm!


Thats enough for now, I will post pictures of the Alps, and la befana later!

No comments:

Post a Comment