Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Italia: Day 18

Wow, I can't believe I have been here 18 days! Next Friday will be 1 month! A lot has happened. I guess I left off on the first day of school! Wow, what an adventure! The first day was only 2 hours, then the rest of that week school  was 3 hours. Then Monday the 18th started with the normal days of school. It was kind of funny because only my English teacher actually knew that I was an exchange student. Diletta had to say "Lei  e americana, non capito italiano." Haha :) Well, since then, I have been mostly doodling in class. I enjoy (well, sort of) math and physics class. English is defiantly a breath of fresh air. The teacher is constantly wanting me to talk more because everyone wants to hear my perfect English. That stresses me out, I am like "Just talk, try not to make any grammatical errors, you will be fine." But I have come to realize that no one really cares if I make mistakes in Italian (or English I guess). Every morning I walk into class and hear multiple "Ciao Sara!" it feels wonderful! Italians are so friendly, my new friends want to include me in everything. This past Saturday night my friends and I went to down town Monselice. We got ice cream, and hung out. Then the Sunday before that, there was the Medieval festival. In the morning there was a parade. Diletta, Elisa, 3 of the 4 other Sara's, Samuele, and many of my other friends were in it.  Then in the afternoon there was this horse race where the rider carries a pole and tries to catch a giant ring. The horse/rider that gets all 3 rings, and finishes first, wins! Hmm would you like to see some pictures?? They are on FB, for those of you who know me personally, but if not, here you go!






Also some things I have noticed:
-no one uses mechanical pencils (besides me) in school. 
-you can buy bread at the store that is soft (like normal) or super hard...I think its dehydrated or something.
-place settings (fork, spoon, knife) are put on the right side rather than the left. I learned this the hard way, having my fork stolen a few days in a row. Then I figured it out!
-normal binders have 4 rings, not 3.
-drive super fast! (and, it may just be my family, but if you sit in the back you don't need a seat belt...I wear one, but the boys don't.) 
- you drink coffee in super small cups, with lots of sugar.

I shall add more later! 
Ciao! 

1 comment: